Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gstreamer echoprint module

I've been planning on doing this for a long time already but got finally inspired to do it. An echoprint gstreamer module. It is not tested that much as I have a hard time getting anything recognized trough the API, using both my own code and the echoprint-codegen binary.
I've tried with many of the songs that they should have information about but no luck. The only song I got identified properly was "ABBA - Dancing queen" and only if I skip the first 20 seconds.

Any ideas ?

Oh, code is in git here.

Build, install and run a pipeline like:

gst-launch-0.10 -m filesrc location=some_song.mp3 ! \
 decodebin ! audioresample ! audioconvert ! \
 echoprint seconds=20 ! fakesink sync=0

echoprint will post a message with a code element, like this:
Got message #83 from element "echoprint0" (element): echoprint, code=(string)"eJzNl2uuHLkNhbekJ0UtR6LI.....

No comments: