Thursday, June 07, 2012

The Lumia 900 arrived

DHL came with a Nokia Lumia 900 for me test and play with for the next two weeks, thanks to Nokia Connects. I will also use it to document the thingy on Saturday.


Bubblewrapped

A blue box

That contains another blue box

This box with some nice pictures and the Lumia 900 label

Inside the box we find the Nokia Lumia 900, USB cables and headphones, plus some quick guide papers. Oh, and a tool for opening the SIM cover. Must say that is a strange, design. I would definitely loose it quite fast with all the other junk I have at home.

Inside we find a good looking white Lumia 900

Protected inside plastic


Under the phone there is a SIM cover tool

The contents of the box

USB cable

A funny looking charger (I know it's the UK power plug style, still it looks funny to me :)

Basic in-ear headphones

A Quick guide and some more papers, who reads these anyway :)
Setting aside the fact that it's a WP phone, I have to admit that it does looks gorgeous! The N9 polycarbonate shell design is just perfect. You most likely know all the specs and stuff already but I'll repeat the basics just in case anyway.
  • 1.4 Ghz single-core Snapdragon ARM CPU
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 16 GB internal flash
  • 4.3" AMOLED ClearBlack display
  • Carl Zeiss optics, 8 megapixel main camera, 1 megapixel front camera
  • Single block polycarbonate body
  • Windows Phone 7.5
  • All the connection you could possibly need, 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, WiFI, USB
  • 720p 30 fps video recording
  • Read the full specs here




White Nokia Lumia 900
Nokia Lumia 900
Side by side comparison with the N9 and N950. The Lumia 900 is much larger than the N9. Even a bit too big for my taste, but I haven't really tried handling it that much yet. I usually have N950 and N9 in my pant pocket and they are just small enough to not feel uncomfortable. But lets see how it goes.

N9 and Lumia 900
N9 looks tiny beside the Lumia 900

Lumia 900 much larger
It is also a tiny bit larger than the N950
N950 and Lumia 900 togeather
Lumia 900 and Nokia N950.

N950 and Lumia 900
Lumia 900 is a tiny bit wider than the N950, about the same height.
I'm at work right now, but I'll post some more when I get home and can play with the phone properly.

No comments: